This is a favorite family receipe that uses lots of fresh vegetables that are available right now! This sauce is great for pizza, lasgnas, spaghetti, and many other recipes!
Brenda's Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
1/2 Bushel of Roma tomatoes (one large pot, 2-8 quart pots)
1/2 bunch of celery
3 to 4 onions 2 TBSP of salt
2-3 green peppers 2 TBSP of oregano
1 jalapeno peppers 1 TBSP of basil
2 cloves of garlic 3 bay leaves
6 -8 tomatillos 1/2 cup of oil
- Rinse the tomatoes whole. Put them in 8 quart pots to cook down until soft.
- Through the whole tomatoes into the food processor and puree
- Put back in 8 quart pots and cook down to desired thickness.
- Chop celery, onions and peppers in desired chunks. The potatoes, okra, jalapeno, tomatillos, garlic put in the food processor with a little bit of the tomato puree.
- Once tomatoes are cooked down to desired thickness, add vegetables, spices and oil. Turn down heat to lowest heat and let simmer for 2 to 3 hours. Stirring occasionally to ensure it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Then put in jars and process. Or freeze in desired quantities.